Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Jamie

When I was young I received my first camera. It was an exact replica of She-Ra's pink castle and took 110 film. I would save one week's allowance to buy film, and the next week's to develop the film. I always got doubles for some reason. I styled my Barbie dolls by chopping their hair and re-purposing their skirts for head-wear. Carefully placing them in around my yard, I cropped in close to give the viewer the feeling that Barbie was in the jungle, swimming in a pool, laying in the sand...
I held my Grandmother's hand and was singing Poison's "Talk Dirty to Me" (a favorite song of hers) while she took her last breath.
I contracted Lyme disease. It has become chronic but I cannot find a doctor to treat me, as the disease is controversial. Some days I cannot walk.
I became an obsessive technology uber geek. I used to think computers were the devil, and reading Sylvia Plath 24/7 was where it was at.

Jamie, age 31

No comments:

Post a Comment